Friday 23 March 2012

Mouthful

                                                                             26,74 x 34,89 cm


This is still part of the body of work I produced for my third year studying Fine Art Printmaking and Illustration. 
If you are not in the mood for artsy-fartsy whaffling, consider yourself warned..


Throughout my 3rd year I found myself thinking a lot about the consumerist nature of society today and how similar it is to the nature of young children, who live in tiny worlds of their own and rarely think about the ramifications of their actions. The 'I want it, and I want it now' attitude that is usually characteristic of children seems to have become the mantra of society today. We strive to satisfy every fleeting fancy and show complete disregard for the consequences ie. the wellbeing of our incredible planet.


Anyway. My characters live in a simpler time. A time long before fact replaced folklore and before industry polluted our souls. Because I would love to live in a world like that, full of mystery and adventure, daydreams and danger, and plenty of fearsome and not-so-fearsome creatures too.
Mouthful is kind of a response to the pondering above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment